East European Comic Con - or a story of a transformation in Alice from Resident Evil

Comic Con is hereeee !

Wait, Comic Con was here! Time flies, I remained in my "zombie killer mood" !
Yes, East European Comic Con was in Bucharest on 8-10 May and yes, of course I've been there, and of course I've dressed up!
Since it was my first time at Comic Con (it's the third year edition here in Bucharest) I was very excited and eager to see the special guests, the activities and of course the Cosplay costumes!

Beeing a big fan of zombie movies, I chose to cosplay Alice from Resident Evil!

Giving a red torn dress and a pair of leather booths I've departed towards the event! Since I don't have a sewing machine my mum helped with the dress! (Lucky me ). The boots are already 6 or 7 years old, I wore just 2 or 3 times, it seems they've expected they Time of Glory!

The shorts are vintage, they were supposed to get into my Selenefashion Vintage Shop but I liked them too much and I decided to keep them!

So here are some photos with the outfit:





Of course I didn't understood the proportion of Cosplay for Comic Con! There were lots of people with amazing handmade costumes, mainly from video-games or comics!

There was also a gaming zone, but since i only played Solitaire (on Windows :P ) I couldn't relate with anything that happend there :)))
Nevertheless they had some amazing gadgets for gamers! The place was crowded, but the average age span was 10-16 years.
It looks like adults were more into Cosplay and kids into video-games :)


Beside the booths with figurines, costumes, posters and other souvenirs with the world's favourites characters (mainly Game of Thrones and Marvel superheroes) there were also Romanian graphic designers and Illustrators (on the upper flor of C1 hall).
I couldn't resist and I've taken a post card from Pisica Patrata (and he signed it from me :) ) and some stickers from Meow & Meuw.

In the meantime in the 2 big halls (C2 and a part of C1) there were constantly meetings and conferences including the qualifier of the Cosplay World Masters Competition (CWM).

You could of course make a photo or exchange a few words and get an autograph from the actors/special guests invited at the event!
This year there were:

1. John Noble- from Lord of the Rings and Fringe
2. Robert Knepper from Prison Break, Heroes
3. Kristian Nairn from Game of Thrones
4. Manu Bennet from Spartacus and Arrow (he also played Azog in The Hobbit)
5. Osric Chau from Supernatural


Between the "special guests" was also the Iron Throne. I didn't understood why it was a "guest" but who knows what is to be expected from Game of Thrones's George R.R. Martin?????!!??

And here's me staying on top of the "Special guest" :))


A few photos with some of the Cosplayers I saw wandering around at Comic Con!



For more photos you can check the East European Comic Con Facebook Page!

A nice video made by staicubrothers.com


Don't forget to N Joy!

Alice ;)

Etichete: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,